Fine, but if I participate, what must I do?
Read the rules for participants. In essence they say:
- Sign up in advance at the location of your choice. Your local host will organise this.
- People are already talking about the Jam, so you should follow the Jam on Twitter (@GSJam and #GSJ12) and on Facebook.
- Show up on time.
- Bring any special tools you need.
- Do not bring a team or an idea. These will form at the Jam.
- Do not bring pre-made content. The services developed at the Jam should be new.
- Work together in a spirit of conversation and co-operation.
- During the Jam, do not communicate the themes to any Jam in a timezone which does not know them yet... This is Deeply Cheesy, as themes are announced at local times. Be helpful but be secretive.
- Be prepared to share the results of your work under a Creative Commons license.
- Have fun!