The first Global Service Jam took place in March 2011, where more than 1200 participants in more than 50 cities created around 200 unique service designs around the Theme "(Super)HEROES".
A sister event, the Global Sustainability Jam, tool place in October 2011. Around 800 participants in more than 40 cities created over 100 services, products and initiatives around the theme "PLAYGROUNDS".
In 2012, the first GovJam was initiated by Protopartners, The Australian federal Government and WorkPlayExperience. WorkPlayExperience initiated the global version, Global GovJam, in 2013.
The Global Service Jam is a non-profit volunteer activity organized by an informal network of service design afficinados, who all share a common passion for growing the field of service design and customer experience. The Jam has a staff of none and a budget of nearly nothing.
Small print: the Global Servivce Jam is a not-for-profit initiative of WorkPlayExperience. www.workplayexperience.com
Initiators: Markus Hormess and Adam Lawrence of WorkPlayExperience
- Mario Giudici and Daniel Hunziker (EDO, Switzerland) http://www.edolounge.org/
- Nico Morelli, Associate Professor, Aalborg University (Denmark) http://nicomorelli.wordpress.com/
- Bob Jacobson, formerly Malmö University (Sweden) http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Bob/Jacobson/
- Eva-Karin Anderman (SVID, the Swedish industrial design foundation, Sweden) http://www.svid.se/English/
- Lauren Currie and Sarah Drummond (Snook, UK) http://www.wearesnook.com/
- Jason Cooper (Smallfish, UK) http://wenovski.ning.com/page/smallfish-connecting Jase Cooper also generously designed our "Jam jar" logo. Thanks Jase!
You can contact the Jam organisation team via: